International Undergraduate Student Bursary at University of Alberta 2020: Undergraduate international students who are enthusiastic about studying for an undergraduate course but experience an unanticipated financial shortfall as a result of unforeseen circumstances are encouraged to apply for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary at the University of Alberta for the 2020/21 academic session.
The International Undergraduate Student Bursary (IUSB) is a non-repayable grant paid directly into student’s financial customer account to pay outstanding tuition. Award of the bursary is based on demonstrated financial need. Eligible students who are awarded the bursary can expect payment to be reflected in their student financial account. International students who are studying at the University of Alberta are encouraged to apply for the bursary award.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alberta
Scholarship to be taken at: Canada
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee support
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the University of Alberta
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary at University of Alberta 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must an international fee-paying students who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate study programme at the University of Alberta for the 2020/21 academic session.
- Be eligible to register in Fall 2020 term (students who have completed their program requirements in April 2020 are not eligible).
- Have satisfactory academic standing with a valid study permit.
- Applicants must be available for an online interview with an International Student Advisor, July 6- August 14, 2020.
- Applicants must not have been awarded an IUSB previously.
Application Procedures for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary at University of Alberta 2020
Applicants are to log into Application for Financial Support and select “Apply” in the International Undergraduate Student Bursary section at the bottom of the page. Please ensure to completely answer all the required questions. Applicants are to upload the following supporting documents:
- “Essay” Section: Applicants will be asked to list all money amounts received from family/sponsor from the start of their program including deposit dates.
- Applicants will be asked to describe details of the change/extenuating circumstances that have negatively affected their finances.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2020