DAAD – Friedrich Ebert Foundation International Students Scholarships 2020/21: Applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe are welcome to apply for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation scholarships for international students. Students with demonstrable academic excellence or academic merit, committed to the values of social democracy who wish to study in Germany can apply to study any subject.
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship. Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
Scholarships to be taken at: Germany.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Any degree level
Slots: Up to 40 scholarships per year.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: Students in any subject area are eligible to apply.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students (Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe).
Eligibility and Basic Requirements:
Ideal and eligible candidates for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation scholarships should be;
- Students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Students with excellent aptitudes and personalities which also show promise for an academic or professional career. Moreover, candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
- Students who are responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network
- Students must enrol for an admission to study at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- Student may have to possess sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
Scholarship Value and Benefits:
International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination programme or EUR 850 in a Master’s course. In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
Application Procedures for the DAAD – Friedrich Ebert Foundation International Students Scholarships 2020/21 – How-to-Apply:
All application forms and further information on the application procedure are obtainable online. Interested and eligible candidates should: Click Here to Apply.
Application Deadline: Open (See Specific Timelines)